Archive

Posts Tagged ‘mazda’

Enter the Mazda Romeo

January 21st, 2013

Would a Mazda/Alfa Romeo tie-up look like this?

Keeping to our continuing theme of small RWD sports cars, it’s with excitement that I read about a partnership between Mazda and Alfa Romeo to co-develop the next-generation MX-5 Miata.

We first heard about a potential tie-up between the Italians the Japanese back in May, and now it’s official and a deal has been signed that’ll also bring a new roadster to Alfa Romeo.

Is it safe to assume the new Alfa will be sold in the United States?

Continue reading >>>

Car Industry News, Car Minded, Foreign Cars, General Chat , , , ,

Cars Coming Soon: All-New 2014 Mazda6

July 26th, 2012

2014 Mazda6

I like it when teaser pictures reveal everything.

A typical teaser image of a coming vehicle is a vague, blacked-out silhouette or just the line from the hood to the trunk. Other teasers show an extreme close-up of a taillight or a fender flare and hope the image pacifies the public before the car’s official debut. Sometimes teasers show no parts of the car at all. I remember a teaser for the new Ford Explorer that showed only a snow-covered forest.

The 2014 Mazda6 has some teaser images floating around, most of which do a lot more than tease. In fact, they show a nearly full reveal of what’s to come. Keep reading to see the pictures, and be sure to let us know what you think!

Continue reading >>>

Car Industry News, Car Minded, Car Shows, Cars Coming Soon, Foreign Cars, General Chat , , , , , ,

The 7 Most Dangerous Vehicles on the Road

June 1st, 2012

2012 Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Limited

Mention the most dangerous vehicles on the road today, and the Ram 1500 pickup truck isn’t likely to make many people’s list. Dangerous to others, perhaps, but certainly not the most dangerous vehicle to ride in.

The smart fortwo? That would make sense.

But, once again, we have proof that we live in a world that doesn’t make much sense. Because, according to the website 24/7 Wall St, which compiled information from Consumer Reports ratings, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration crash safety results, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety vehicle scores and J.D. Power’s Initial Quality Study, the most dangerous vehicle on the road today is indeed the Ram pickup truck. And the smart’s not even on the list.

Continue reading >>>

Car Industry News, Car Minded, Car Safety, Domestic Cars, Foreign Cars, General Chat, Trucks & SUVs , , , , , , , , , , ,

Cars Coming Soon: If Toyota and Subaru Can Team Up, Why Not Mazda and Fiat?

May 24th, 2012

Mazda Shinari concept

I think it’s safe to say that Toyota and Subaru have started a trend.

By teaming up and bringing back the inexpensive, RWD sports car, the companies may have double-handedly revived a market for fun performance. Now, it’s confirmed that Mazda and Fiat have inked a “Memorandum of Understanding” to develop a roadster based on the MX-5 platform that is expected to see production in Mazda’s Hiroshima factory, with an Alfa Romeo version coming in 2015.

Continue reading >>>

Car Industry News, Car Minded, Cars Coming Soon, Foreign Cars, General Chat , , , , , , , , ,

Mazda Should Learn from Toyota’s Genius Marketing

February 22nd, 2012

Mazda3 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom may not be enough anymore.

Mazda’s famous tagline introduced the North American continent to the performance-bred pleasures of driving a Mazda. Whether you drove home in an RX-8 or picked up a more mundane Mazda MPV, the slogan promised that everything the company built had the soul of a sports car.

Mazda is Japan’s 5th biggest automaker and manufactures about 70 percent of its vehicles in Japan. It sells only about 10 percent of those in its home market and exports the other 90 percent. That’s not a profitable equation considering the relative weakness of the Japanese yen at the moment. The company expects to lose 100 billion yen ($3.1 billion) for 2011 and is thought to be searching for 70 billion yen to bolster overseas production in Thailand and Mexico.

Continue reading >>>

Car Industry News, Car Minded, Foreign Cars, General Chat , , , , , , , , , , ,

Cars We’ll Miss, and Some We Won’t, in 2012

December 23rd, 2011

BMW Active Hybrid X6

New years always promise to bring big changes. The year 2012 will be no different, with some changes sure to be good and some…not so much. One thing for sure, 2012 will arrive very soon, but some cars won’t live to see the end of it.

The Detroit Free Press put together a list of cars that will fade away during the course of the next year. Some of the cars will be sorely missed, while others should have crossed over to the great junkyard in the sky years ago.

Keep reading for a list of the cars that didn’t make the cut to exist past 2012.

Continue reading >>>

Car Industry News, Car Minded, Domestic Cars, Foreign Cars, General Chat, Hybrid Cars, Trucks & SUVs , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,