The Detroit Auto Show took place this week, making for a lot of great auto news. Stealing the spotlight were all things electric, including a challenge from Ferrari to Tesla; a new SUV from a Chinese automaker; and Infiniti’s bet on electric luxury. Read these stories and more favorites picked by our editors by clicking the links below.
- Expect to see a new electric SUV option in the US by 2019 (Detroit News)
- Say what? Ferrari is making an electric car (The Verge)
- Infiniti is betting on electrified luxury (Fortune)
- Forget Jarvis, Nissan’s new AI assistant is much more fish-like (TechCrunch)
- You’ve probably used its big calculators, but now Texas Instruments is innovating headlights (Wired)
- A new app from Canada puts the brakes on distracted driving (The Globe and Mail)
We’ll be back next week with more top auto stories curated for our readers.