I’ve been known to watch the occasional cat video online or to sometimes partake in viewing compilations of motorcycle jump fails. Of course, I’ll waste time on dumb stuff, too, such as online quizzes that serve no purpose other than providing advertisers a place to reach me.
One of those quizzes sucked me in, and I normally wouldn’t share my results or admit that I used valuable work time to complete it, but today, being Friday and all, I’ll make an exception.
The quiz was titled, “Can You Match the Car to the Movie?”
Well, of course I can. I am, after all, a car guy, so I expected a hundred percent. As it turns out, to know your movie cars, it’s also good to know a thing or two about movies.
Which I apparently I don’t.
Out of 30 questions, I got 24 right for a score of 80 percent. That’s not bad on the surface, but there were also about 4 I randomly guessed and got right. The ones I got wrong are pictured below. Then below that I’ll tell you what they are so you can study before you go play.
1. This 1949 Buick Roadmaster was in “Rain Man.”
2. The Porsche 944 was Jake’s car in “Sixteen Candles.”
3. The famous Aston Martin DB5 as seen in”Goldfinger.”
4. The 1970 Dodge Charger R/T from “The Fast and the Furious.” (Nope, I’ve never seen it.)
5. The 1965 Mercedes-Benz 220SE from “The Hangover” (I would have guessed “Driving Miss Daisy” had it been an option.)
6. This fully operational self-propelled submarine is also a Lotus Esprit and was in “The Spy Who Loved Me.”
The link to play is here. If you give it a try, come back, leave a comment, and let me know if you beat me!
Would you have known what movies these cars were from?